An opportunity to gain experience in various areas of accounts and administration involved in running a business
The prime function of this role is to be able to assist with the running of the accounts department and main office. Excellent Numeracy skills and attention to detail are essential as are organisation and communication skills as you will be assisting accounts with the inputting and management of essential accounts data. Credit control will also form a small part of the accounts role. Assisting the directors with any administration and maintaining smooth running of the office.
This role requires a self-motivated and helpful approach with excellent organizational skills. Dealing with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels in a confident manner and having the ability to understand new tasks as they are presented. The successful candidate will be a dependable member of a team and should have drive and determination with a “can do” attitude.
Knowledge and Experience
• Educated to GCSE/A-level or equivalent will be considered with a minimum of 5 C’s at GSCE (including Maths and English)
Experience and Skills
• Basic knowledge of accounts
• Strong MS Office skills with extensive experience of Outlook and Excel
• Netsuite Accounts or ERP experience a bonus
• Excellent Numeracy Skills and attention to detail
• Excellent Planning and Organisational skills.
• Ability to manage and process large amounts of information and simultaneous tasks.
• Readily takes initiative
• Demonstrates positive approach to work and determination
• Polite and courteous manner both on and off the phone
• Ability to understand and speak clear English
• Excellent Communication and Listening Skills
• Problem solving capabilities.
• Key Responsibilities • Inputting of invoices and credit notes onto Netsuite accounts system
• Checking Supplier statements
• Posting purchase orders onto the system
• Processing card expenses
• Banking transactions payments/receipts
• Banking Reconciliations and transacting
• Petty cash reconciliation
• Managing returns and credit notes
• Ordering of stationery/consumables for the office
• Assisting with credit control
• Assisting Directors as and when needed with varied tasks
• Updating Call Statistic and Sales Board
• Running errands if required
• Maintaining smooth running of the office
• Ensuring meeting rooms/Office are ready and clear for meetings/visitors
• Filing, scanning and management of documents
• Ad hoc tasks and additional duties as required by the business
• Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
Personal Attributes • Attention to detail is essential
• Common sense in abundance is a must
• Quick learner but not afraid to ask if doesn’t understand
• Self-motivated, disciplined, enthusiastic, resilient and possessing good networking and communication skills.
• Ability to handle and process large amounts of information and simultaneous tasks.
• Excellent active listening skills
• Readily takes initiative
• Must be a reliable team player with a good sense of Humor