Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
35 hours per week 09.30am to 05.30pm (Monday to Friday)
1 hour for lunch and 22 days holiday per year
Our client based in Hayes is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join there friendly busy team.
• Input Suppliers Invoices/Credit Notes on our system via the PO (Multi Currency)
• Able to resolve queries between our Purchase Orders and the Suppliers Invoice
• Paying Suppliers by cheque and transfers by using Barclays.net
• Input and Allocate Payments/Discount on to the Suppliers Account
• Setting up new Suppliers, Credit Check and Validate their VAT number
• Check Suggested Payments List with the Invoices before Cheques are printed
• Reconcile/File Supplier Statements and request copies of missing Invoices/Cr Notes
• Submit Intrastate for EC Purchases to the HMRC monthly
• Update on-going Spread sheets for Discount, Awaiting Credits etc.
• Filing Invoices / Credit Notes in Due Date and when paid in Durbin reference order
• Ad-hoc duties as and when required
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a Commercial Business working on the Purchase Ledger
• Very important that they have entered invoices via the Purchase Order and able to reconcile the PO with the stock that’s booked in by our warehouse staff.
• Good Mathematical skills and have the ability to work out and understand queries
• Fast and accurate data entry skills (enter at least 40 invoices an hour)
• Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and able to multitask.