Reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor your responsibility will be to maximise cashflow and minimise financial risk within a Credit Control environment.
What we are looking for:
• Management of customers relating to a specific geography
• Close communication with the Sales Manager for awareness of issues effecting the sales ledger
• Chasing of overdue debt by telephone, E-Mail and letter with agreed timescales
• To follow company credit control guidelines and procedures
• Ensure good record keeping satisfactory to audit and legal requirement.
• Manage an effective process of credit assessment
• Deal promptly with internal and external queries about payment
• Ensure customers pay to agreed terms and negotiate repayment plans when necessary
• Meet cash targets as set by Management
• Maintain accurate records of chasing activity
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avoid indebtedness
• Provide adhoc reporting as and when required by Management
• Maintain highly accurate transaction postings to the sales ledger
• Awareness of credit issues and knowledge of the customers and help in recovery of debts.
• To provide an effective method of calculating credit worthiness
• To improve work methods and ensure prompt and accurate invoicing
• For legal and debt collection on difficult slow payers.
Essential Experience Required:
• Credit Control Experience - minimum of 2 years