£23,000 - £25,000
My client are a well-established international air and sea freight company with over 2,000 employees worldwide. They are currently seeking an experienced Import Coordinator to join a current team of 3 working predominately within the sea freight division.
• Liaising with customers to ensure that correct measures are in place and that customer needs are met.
• Communicating with Customer Service staff to ensure that they are fully aware of customer needs.
• Liaise with regional offices to ensure that correct information is provided to the customer.
• Liaise with overseas offices to obtain information relating to jobs.
• Liaising between Shipping Lines and Forwarders to obtain required information for clearance.
• Providing the relevant information to transport companies to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Ensuring that documentation is accurate, on file and actioned accordingly, as set out in the instructions.
• Maintain all files, ensuring that they are costed and billed correctly, in accordance with procedure.
• Obtain advice from team leader on any operational issues that may occur from time to time.
• Strong work ethic and a real team player
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• Must have 5 years previous experience in an Import Coordinator position, preferably within sea freight
• Strong IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Working hours are 9am - 5pm
Parking onsite available