We are currently recruiting for a Delivery Driver to join our client based in Slough on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic company whose reputation has been built on providing all an excellent service.
As their Delivery Driver you will be very much an ambassador of the company and trusted to maintain this excellent reputation.
Main Tasks include:
• Ensure that customer deliveries take place in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
• Exceed customer expectations by giving an exemplary and personalised service.
• Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to the Warehouse Supervisor on return.
• May have to lift heavy products or parcels
• Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
• Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive
• Communicates with sales office/customers by phone to update them of time of deliveries if there have been issues or changes to their estimated time of arrival
• Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course
• Maintains communication with Warehouse Supervisor to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
• Informs management of any sales opportunities or observations from customer premises
• Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time
Skills and Experience
• The ability to start work early in the morning, from 6.30am (there’s no weekend work!).
• Full European category “B” driving license.
• Mature and professional driving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills relating to colleagues, customers and the public.
• Experience in delivery driving and customer service.
If this sounds like the job for you then do submit your CV and we'll be in contact.