My client, a major FTSE player, now require additional Proposal/Bid Executives to work across their multiple industry sectors. The roles will involve managing multiple bids. Commencing with smaller bid revenues (up to £2m) then increasing in value. These roles form an integral part of the Bids division and will involve the completion of PQQ’s, bids and proposals.
It is essential that you possess superb Word, PowerPoint and In Design skills as all documents must not only be well written but visually strong too!!
• Document management: To provide effective bid support to the business development team and bid managers in order to produce high quality, accurate and attractive documents and presentations for external clients.
• Creativity: Creative design input to the final bid documentation, including designing folders and tabs if required
• Document production: Providing ad-hoc support to the sales and retention team, including designing and publishing presentations, booklets and brochures, reading ITT, managing response portal
• Portal: Sub editing document
• Print Room: Setting documents for printing and liaison with print room to confirm scheduling, print requirements and delivery arrangements
• Quality assurance; Proof reading documents when required
• Close off the bid: filing all work under the specified naming convention and ensuring all relevant material is extracted for future reference
Project management: Working with the bid team, bid writers, salesperson and operators to manage and prepare tender response documents and accompanying presentations. Gathering generic information, formatting, basic spreadsheet work, advanced publishing software package skills, creating diagrams and charts, intermediate PowerPoint presentations.
Research and analysis: Responsibility for pre-bid documents, including helping to maintain a database of company information and liaising with experts in other departments to update the information as necessary.
Team leadership and team management: Analyse tender request documents to elicit compliance requirements, instructions, evaluation criteria, and undertake other bid management tasks such as developing bid plans and liaising with people to secure responses as per agreed timetable.
Liaise with external design/production companies in relation to folder and bespoke requirements. Ensuring t hat budget controls and processes are adhered to.
Be aware of cost limitations on the project and ensure potential over expenditure is avoided, with issues escalated where necessary.
• Exceptional attention to detail with proof reading skills
• Creative in approach
• Experience within Bid management ( ideally)
• InDesign ESSENTIAL
• Excellent word and PowerPoint
• Excellent grammar and spelling