Job Title: Junior Buyer Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
This position is all about tight control and price optimisation. As a Junior Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring that the company is consistently utilising all available deals to the best of its ability. You will be on the system day in day out and will be the first to spot instances where the company need to buy better.
It is a role that requires the performance of both day to day, time sensitive tasks, as well as more extended pieces of work.
To manage the purchasing ledger daily. Ensuring stock is maintained to maximum stock levels. Develop key relationships with suppliers, customers as well as other departments.
• Raising all Purchase Orders
• Keeping the stock system up to date
• Ensuring the stock profile maintains the maximum stock levels at all times
• Keeping all documentation up to date
• Supplier Internal price lists
• Category price comparison price lists
• Import and Export price lists
• Responding to supplier price queries and retrospectively resolving invoice situations
• Working closely with the Purchasing Manager to highlight areas where we need to secure better deals
Key skills and experience:
• Proficient user of Excel
• Previous Purchasing experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Articulate with the ability to compose own correspondence