Audit Intern- 12 months
Are you a recent Finance Graduate with a passion for a future career within Audit?
My super client is offering a truly excellent opportunity -a 12 month internship within their compliance division. This opportunity will be suitable for a recently completed graduate ideally from within the finance sector.
This department covers all European regions and the successful candidate will travel for 1-2 weeks at a time to audit specific project sites across the EMEA region.
A second European language would also be beneficial- Russian, German, French or Spanish
The successful candidate will report directly to the senior Auditor who will train and nurture you fully into this role. You will form part of a very important and very compliant team and will definitely contribute to the completion of specific audit projects.
Specific Responsibilities/ Tasks
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in performance of work on assigned segments of the approved audit.
• Assist in determining records or activities to analyze, the extent of tests to apply and the working papers to prepare.
• Assist performing the audit in a professional manner in accordance with the approved audit program.
• Assist in obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control system(s) and on the performance efficiency of the activities being reviewed.
• Review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Prepare acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
• Participate in preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations of such deficiencies as necessary.
• Assist in developing solutions for routine technical issues arising during the performance of the audit project to be approved
• Academic Concentration in Accounting preferred - Studies completed
Knowledge And Skills Required
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
• Proficient with MS Office applications and web-based tools
• Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills
• Strong ability to pay close attention to details
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Second language (Russian, German, French, Spanish)
Please note: You must be available to commit to a full 12 month contract.
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.