An 'all hands to the pump' logistics company are looking or hard working 7.5T driver to join their team on a permanent basis.
Nothing but the strongest work ethic will do for this company but in return they offer you an encouraging, team orientated and successful working environment.
A digital tachograph card and CPC is essential to this job.
Main duties include:
• Work flexible hours, often outside of the basic salaried hours and undertake other duties as may be required within the Company.
• Using a variety of different sized commercial vehicles - within legal entitlement - to achieve daily workload (see Skills over for Class required)
• Delivery and Collection of goods of varying sizes and weights
• To meet strict timescales for delivery/collections
• Loading and unloading of delivery vehicles by self and/or with assistance
• Verifying goods to ensure accuracy
• Ensuring security of vehicle and its contents at all times
• Completion of forms and documents by hand
• In conjunction with office and abiding by instructions given, you must plan routes using most efficient and economic means
• Manual handling of items up to 30 kilos by self
• Use of mechanical handling equipment e.g Hand Pallet Trucks
• Daily maintenance and safety inspections on various types/sizes of commercial vehicles
• Strict compliance of all statutory and company regulations relating to the use of commercial vehicles/handling equipment and Health and Safety
• Abide by instructions issued by Supervisor(s) and or Line Manager(s)
• Wear Company uniform at all times whilst “On Duty” and present a smart, clean appearance whilst providing polite, courteous attitude at all times
• To abide by company instructions given verbally and in writing and to include those dictated within the Employee Handbook and Contract of Employment
If this sounds like the job for you then do submit your CV for consideration.
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.