Buyer and Stock Controller
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business based in Slough. They operate within the food industry and it would be ideal if you have experience within this sector and/or a passion for all things food related!
This industry is fast paced and experiences seasonal fluctuations and would suit someone who enjoys busy and challenging/stimulating environment.
- Procure, negotiate and mitigate supply chain costs
- Ensure cost effectiveness and continuity of supply
- Process purchase orders
- Identify shortages and anticipated delays where possible and find alternative products
- Work closely with the distribution centre
- Analyse figures and forecasts
- Make recommendations for the disposal of slow moving goods
- Ensure best practice stock control
- Manage the removal of deadstock
- Monitor trends and ensure that stock is available at all times
- Proactively communicate inventory status and suitable alternatives
- Ensure shortages are addressed
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the best trading terms
- Maintain all supplier agreements
- To build excellent supplier relationships in line with company ethos
Systems and Processes:
- Generate new ideas for promoting change
- Provide practical solutions for operational challenges
- Take ownership of problems
- Adhere to QA processes
- Updating Master Data information
- Demonstrate initiative and insight by bringing forward relevant products at NPD forum
- Prepare for and attend NPD meetings
- Assist with product launches
Experience and Attributes:
- SAP experience beneficial
- FMCG or food industry background ideal
- Sound knowledge of stock category management, stock control and shelf-life constraints
- Ability to work under pressure and show initiative
- Experience with negotiation techniques and supplier management
This is working for one of the leading businesses in this industry who pride themselves in delivering the best quality products and service within the industry. This stems through the whole business and closely relates to the continuous work they do with their trusted suppliers. This role is pivotal in ensuring that the client stay ahead of the game and work with some of the best suppliers within the industry.
If this gets your taste buds going then please send me your CV today!
Windsor Employment Agency is operating as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.