Maintenance Engineering Technician
A fantastic opportunity as risen for thorough and skilled Maintenance Technician to join a forward thinking company in West Berkshire.
The company are looking engage the successful candidate for 5 months with a start date of early January.
Due to the urgent nature of this job, applicants must be available to start at the right at the start of the New Year as well as being able to interview within the next 2 weeks.
The pay rate for the position is £17 - £20ph.
Working hours are 08.00-16.00
Purpose of the job
• To perform electrical and mechanical maintenance within the integrated production team maintenance department in accordance with all EHS guidelines.
• The multi-skilled craftsman is expected to plan, organise, and control individual tasks assigned to them by a supervisor or senior engineer. This will involve communication with relevant staff and supervisors at all stages.
• Working within a production orientated environment to "Good Manufacturing Practice for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers" (GMP).
• Maintaining the balance of completing maintenance and repairs with the minimum disruption whilst working safely to current legislation and guidance.
• In addition, the position will involve fault finding and repairs and participation in a standby rota and reaction to breakdown callouts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
• City and Guilds Level 3 in an electrically or mechanically biased discipline is essential
• British Technical Education Council - Ordinary National Certificate is desirable
Key Specialist Skills
• Indentured (or equivalent) craft apprenticeship in a mechanical or electrically biased discipline
Key Personal Skills
• The ability to work with minimum supervision.
• The ability to work either as an individual or as a member of a team.
• Willingness to participate in an on-call rota.
• Willingness to participate in weekend and out of normal working hours overtime.
This position is a 'hands on' role working within the production maintenance group and reporting to the engineering supervisor. Day to day duties include servicing, maintenance and repair of the following items of plant and equipment:
• HVAC systems
• Pumps, motors and gearboxes
• Heating ventilation and air conditioning
• Refrigeration plant
• Electrical controls and switchgear
• Electro-pneumatic controls
• AC and DC machines
• Waste water system
If this sounds like the job for you then do submit your CV for consideration and we’ll be in contact asap.
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.