Do you have excellent customer service skills that always exceed customer expectations? Are you a first class administrator and highly organised? If so then this could be ideal for you!
Job Title: Customer Service Assistant Salary: £19,000
Location: St. Albans
• Deal with customer issues/enquiries and follow up through to a satisfactory conclusion
• Answer customer calls which come through to the office and deal with appropriately
• Respond to customer emails and company/departmental emails in a comprehensive and timely manner
• Monitor delivered orders i.e. the Purchasing delivery schedules to ensure deliveries can be booked proactively with any balances taken and paperwork updated
• Assist with monitoring all order acknowledgements - the out of stock situations/revised lead times, proactively advise customers of the status of their order
• Updating individual sales order memos and due by dates.
• Customer delivery schedules - time slots for van deliveries
• Go through the 100% report when requested and chase customers to book deliveries/collect goods
• Be proactive in updating customers promptly
• Daily liaison Purchasing department
• Call customers with sufficient notice to arrange delivery or collection of goods
• Update customers each morning who appear on the Incomplete Orders email from Transport
• Comprehensive knowledge of systems, products and departmental/company processes
• Work to all deadlines as set out
General Administration Duties:
• Ensure all customers are dealt with efficiently, courteously and as promptly as possible
• Deliver excellent customer service that exceeds customer expectations
• Ensure commitments made to customers are realistic, achievable and completed
• Keep paperwork clear and concise so that tasks may be followed by colleagues
• Wherever possible identify improvements to processes to enhance customer service, reduce costs, improve margin
• General photocopying and assisting generally with clerical administration
• Take on any reasonable ad hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of the Company
• Prepare and assist with bi-annual stock checks adhering to company procedure
• Assist with training and development of all new recruits where appropriate
• Report any health and safety issues
• Keep a customer friendly working environment and follow the clear desk policy at the end of each day
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.