Role: Credit Controller
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
Location: North London
Do you have experience working in credit control?
Are you confident in communicating with clients and building relationships?
Do you have strong IT skills and knowledge of finance related systems?
Our client, a premier recycling and waste management company, is looking for an experienced efficient Credit Controller to join their North London based team. This is an active role where together with the Credit Manager & Chief Financial Officer you will working in a team of two skilled staff whilst managing 200 live accounts from account opening to setting credit limits to receipt of payment.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
• Managing approximately 200 live accounts and taking full ownership of your Ledger
• Assist in collecting payments of roughly £5m per month
• Reduce Debtor Days from 50 (Feb 2019) to 45 days
• Opening client accounts, credit checking and issuing credit limits
• Monitoring client accounts to ensure they do not exceed terms/limits
• Assist in posting daily banking received by Bacs and Cheques and payment allocations
• Managing and resolve any queries and maintain a log of the query
• Raise credit notes and any ad hoc specialist invoicing
• Log all work in progress on Opera 3 Credit Manager module
• Working in a team and assist in holiday cover
• Assist in monitoring the credit group email inbox
• Assist in month end tasks and reporting
Key competencies of the role
• Be self-motivated with an analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
• Ambitious dynamic go getter with a real can-do attitude
• Previously worked as a credit controller preferably within construction or service related industry for a minimum, of 3 years
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Good team player
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
• Ideally, degree educated with a credit management/ accounting qualification. However, we will always look at candidates qualified with experience.
• Microsoft skills with knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Vlookup & Pivot tables)
• Ideally worked with Pegasus Opera 3
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region. For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business .We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.