My client has an opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their company to enhance and evolve the product. You will be responsible for conducting the design of equipment that interfaces the DSP-based hydraulic control system to external electrical systems, which includes hydraulic pumps, motors, sensors, solenoids, emergency stops etc.
• Engineering and design of electrical systems, which are connected to single phase or three phase mains supply.
• Design of Emergency Stop and other safety systems including guard switches.
• Design of cable, wire harness, and other interconnects.
• Specify a wide range of components that meet the project requirements (such as motors including soft-starters).
• Design and specify electrical equipment enclosures.
• Responsible for drawing electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and creating bills of materials for customer projects using CAD.
• Liaise with a small multi-function team of mechanical, electronic, software and hydraulic engineers.
• Understand and supervise the implementation of the latest Electrical and Wiring standards.
• Communicate with suppliers to assist the Purchasing department.
• Help with testing and debugging of equipment.
• Create procedures and documents to support the implementation of electrical equipment.
• Communicate with customers to understand their specific electrical requirements.
• Some travel to work on site at customer projects at home and abroad.
Recommended Skills and Experience
• Drawing schematics/diagrams using CAD
• Machine System Design
• Emergency Stop and Safety circuits
• Motor Controllers and Soft-starters
• Mains switchgear
• Relay circuits including special functions such as timer, latching etc
• 3 Phase mains supplies
• PLC Programming
• Mechanical design of enclosures
• International Electrical and Wiring Standards
• Practical electrical assembly
• HNC or above in Electrical Engineering
If this sounds like the position for you please contact Samantha on 01753 290262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Windsor Employment is operating as an Employment Agency relation in regards to this vacancy.