PA to Director of Government Affairs- Temp to Perm role
28-35k plus 5% bonus
Are you an experienced PA with superb organisational and planning skills?
Are you strong in character and able to push back when needed as well having the initiative to make independent decisions?
Fabulous medical organisation, now require a candidate with all the above skills to support a senior director as well as a small but very busy team. This is responsible role where you will be seen as an active member of this group and will be required to act as secretary to the Steering Committee
As this role is being offered on a temp to perm basis the successful candidate MUST be available at short notice and happy to commence this role on an initial 3 month contract.
1. To organise and manage the diary of the Director ensuring there are no clashes, that meeting organisers are informed, that agendas and minutes are received and printed, and that both the objectives of the meeting and the Director’s role in the meeting are clear.
2. To assist in managing the Director’s emails, dealing with routine matters, flagging important emails and monitoring the inbox when the Director is unable to.
3. To organise and manage the Director’s travel, ensuring that travel and accommodation are booked in compliance with travel policy, that transfers are arranged and that meeting documents are printed.
4. To manage the Director’s expenses accurately and in a timely manner
5. To help with set up and running of meetings, including minute-taking, as required.
6. To meet with the Director daily, preferably face-to-face or if necessary by phone, to discuss daily priorities and any issues
7. To act as the first point of contact, assisting callers in a helpful and diplomatic manner and screen and re-route calls as appropriate, taking clear concise messages and dealing with enquiries where possible.
1. To help the team manage the departmental budget, raise and administer project proposals, purchase orders and invoices
2. To maintain a file of all contract agency staff and ensure legal contracts are up to date.
3. To maintain planning and tracking systems.
4. To maintain the SharePoint site ensuring content is engaging, accurate and up-to-date
5. To assist in managing some external meetings working with external agencies to organise logistics.
6. To maintain compliance registers, gift registry, holiday records, sickness and absence records and training records for the GMAGA team in line with policy.
7. To maintain a compliant filing system (paper and electronic)
1. To provide ad hoc support to other PAs / administrators within the Global Commercial team as required, e.g. holiday cover
2. To work with other administrative staff predominantly within Commercial to agree best practice administrative activities
• The role requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. The role holder must be confident and able to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally. An attention to detail is required; written communications / presentations / minutes etc. must be accurate. Confidentiality and discretion are of prime importance
• The role requires a high level of time management, the ability to prioritise and to take independent decisions, particularly when managers are absent from the office. Although