Would you like to join a highly successful law firm? If so then we have a great opportunity for you to join a leading firm as a Legal Administrator within their Wills, Trust and Probate team.
Salary £18,000 -£20,000 + excellent employee benefits
To be considered for this role you will either have previous experience as a Legal Administrator or some legal qualifications.
You must have a strong interest in Law and also a good eye for detail as well as strong communication and people skills.
The key duties include:
• Drafting documents including wills, lasting powers of attorney, witness statements, oaths, estate accounts
• Loading information onto and using the probate tool
• Recording chargeable time
• Preparing correspondence and documents
• Liaising with clients by email, telephone and in person
• Conducting legal research using tools such as LexisNexis and Lawtel Westlaw.
• Checking lengthy documentation and proofreading
• Completing legal forms.
• File opening, to include data input, completion of internal forms and procedures, preparation of anti-money laundering documentation, setting up the paper file and file labels, preparing the initial letters.
• File closing to include data input, checking ledger balances, filleting files, returning client documents, completion of internal forms
• Preparation of bills, to include collating disbursement receipts, liaising with accounts and preparing all documentation to be sent to the client in accordance with defined procedures
• Filing time sheets, incoming correspondence, outgoing copies, invoices, reports and paper files in/out of the filing system. Assisting with file checking and organising in preparation for semi-annual quality audits.
• Checking deeds in and out of the deeds storage facility. Collecting deeds from the floor and returning them to storage.
• Printing, scanning, copying documents. Generally liaising with the document management centre on document production/collation tasks.
• Ad hoc data input as and when required
• Time recording
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience within a Legal Administrator position and/or legal qualifications
- Advanced working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint and the ability to Audio type.
Please note that there is on-site parking available and our client offer excellent employee benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity then please email me your CV today!
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.