An established and successful business based near Uxbridge are looking for a Delivery Driver to join their team on a permanent basis.
At least 1 years’ experience minimum will be required and the successful Drivers will have to very much hit the ground running.
Monday – Friday 07.00-16.30
Delivers storage boxes and collects the ones loaded of personal effects along with general house removals duties, safely and efficiently to designated locations within set daily timeframes.
Knowledge of professional packing skills an advantage.
Ensures proper handling and delivery of fragile or sensitive materials with authorisation if necessary and execute the highest standards of customer care.
Delivery Driver Job Duties:
• May deliver up to 40 locations a day, and load 4 to 5 cubic metres.
• Keep accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to management on time
• Properly uses and maintains delivery equipment, including technology
• May have to lift heavy products, items or parcels
• Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
• Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive
• Communicates with customers by phone to update them of time of deliveries if there have been issues or changes to their estimated time of arrival
• Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course
• Maintains communication with management to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
• Informs management of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time
• May need to handle client payments
Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
Current UK Driver License. Previous Driving Experience, No Driving Disqualifications With the Last Three Years, Courteous, Good Customer Service Skills, Good Communication Skills, Problem-Solver, Patient, Pleasant, Enthusiastic, Attention to Detail, Ability to Handle Fragile Packages, Items and Parcels With Care, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Ability to Work On a Team, Ability to Drive Short and Long Distances, Be Physically Fit, Able to Meet Deadlines. Language skills, particularly Portuguese or Spanish would be an advantage. Military background may also be of value.
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.