To provide effective financial control; to provide timely and accurate management information, working in cooperation with others in the Finance team.
Key Responsibilities: Management Accounting:
• Assist in the preparation of business unit budgets, ensuring information is accurate.
• Assist in the preparation of business unit forecasts, ensuring information is accurate.
• Assist in the production of financial information and analysis to business managers.
• Produce timely and accurate financial reports.
• Assist in the analysis and explanation of variances in financial reports.
• Consistently apply effective financial control procedures.
• Reconcile and document balance sheet accounts.
Statutory and Tax:
• Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts information and responding to audit queries.
• Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate VAT returns. Leadership and Management:
• Maintain a positive, professional and helpful ethos in the Finance team. Other:
• Work on projects and initiatives.
• Ad-hoc analysis and duties as appropriate
• Operate the carer respite accrual and staff expenses for Partner Agencies.
• Provide cover for other members of the team, including billing and carer pay as appropriate.
• The post holder will be expected to undertake regular travel in the UK for business partnering.
Qualifications and Skills
• AAT or working towards ACA, CIMA or ACCA or relevant accounts experience. • Knowledge of UK GAAP • MS Office, including Excel to intermediate level • Professional demeanour, positive and flexible attitude, good inter- personal and communication skills and accuracy.