Calling all Transport Coordinators, are you looking to take a step up and secure a great opportunity within a leading national business based in Langley? Or maybe you are fed up of working shifts! If so, then we have the ideal role for you.
This is a permanent position paying £25,000 - £30,000 and the hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
Main purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for all aspects of the transport for the Langley site, delivering excellent customer service and clear direction to the transport team.
Key duties include:
- Organising daily routing, ensuring best utilisation of the vehicles, cost effective planning of delivery routes
- Deal with customer/sales queries regarding delivery times and issues using the tracking system
- Liaise with drivers regarding any transport issues
- Assist drivers ensuring their loads are safely loaded
- Produce delivery notes
- Ensure drivers carry out daily vehicle checks and report or organise any issues that arise
- Ensuring transport fleet operates legally with all MOT’s, smoke emission tests and servicing undertaken as and when required
- To ensure drivers meet all working time directive requirements and download the digi cards weekly
- Monitor driver infringements, parking fines and driver penalties and discuss actions with drivers
- Reporting incidents and accidents
- Organise drivers and vehicles when required using agencies and outside hauliers
- Ensure agency drivers have all legal documents available before carrying out work
- Organising goods inwards deliveries
- Ensure all fuel is available at all times
- Ensure that waste is removed legally and all skips are replaced when full
- Identify training requirements and ensure staff records are maintained
- Manage recruitment of staff for the Transport team
- Ensure drivers comply with all H&S standards and regulations
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you will need to have relevant experience managing routes and drivers. Ideally you will have worked in an environment where they use 12ton flatbed & curtain sider, 26ton flatbed, curtain sider, Moffatt & Hi-Ab and artic vehicles.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please email me your CV today!
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.