I am pleased to be working with my client – a long standing manufacturing organisation. Due to increased volume of workload and orders, they are now looking to recruit a dynamic, highly numerate and commercially astute Junior Buyer.
The role will support the procurement division in the purchase of goods, materials and services to ensure that the organisations operational needs are met- taking into account price, quality and delivery of continued supply.
The successful candidate will be highly numerate, be a whizz on Excel and have knowledge of product categories that involve the manufacture process- ideally from polythene, plastics or similar.
The salary range being offered will be dependent on experience- hence wherever required training will be given- candidates however must have some proven buying experience.
• Support the procurement team in the development of product category strategies by undertaking market analysis/research
• Upkeep of RFQ responses and the completion of costing sheets
• Collation of supplier samples and brochures
• Production of Buyer reports
• Managing due diligence of new suppliers and ensuring they are logged onto systems
• Work with clients across the business to analyse demand and to assist in the procurement of goods and services
• Develop and maintain a supplier database
• Liaise with suppliers to resolve quality problems
• Managing procurement costs across the business in order to deliver cost savings, quality standards and targets
• To constantly enhance supplier relationships
• Report on procurement KPI’s
• Analytical and commercially astute- string Excel essential
• Strong communication- someone who can influence and negotiate
• Financially aware- understands how failure can impact the production process
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Ideally experience of the manufacturing process and an understanding of raw material costings
• Degree educated- CIPS qualification or studying would be good too!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please apply and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Due to the unprecedented level of applications we are currently receiving, if we have not contacted you within 48 hours of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations; when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.