Location - Slough
Our client are currently looking for a new team member within their buying division. This is a very exciting time to join the business as they are growing rapidly year on year and the future prospects for the successful candidate are endless. The current team are vibrant and driven and they are looking for a likeminded person to join them with a view to learn and grow with the company.
Do you have experience within buying?
Are hungry, passionate and looking for a company that supports growth?
If so please apply today!
• Analyse market trends and apply knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
• Build relationships with suppliers & tailor negotiations to suit their ways of working.
• Negotiating to ensure best prices for items and delivery in satisfactory time.
• Monitoring shipments, deliveries, chasing suppliers to ensure timely receipt.
• Maintain stock levels and identify the need for replenishment.
• Carry out weekly sales analysis to deliver buying proposals.
• Attend buy meetings with UK and overseas suppliers.
• Adhere to purchasing budgets and identify potential cash flow issues.
• Use initiative to manage stocklists and offers.
• Build relationships with other departments to ensure constant communication and efficiency.
• Be proactive in managing own development - identifying potential areas for improvement and seeking the necessary tools to maximise learning potential.
• Must have previous experience within a Junior Buyer role
• Strong negotiation skills
• High levels of attention to detail
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
Please note – Due to the location of the business candidates must be a car driver with their own car
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please apply and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Due to the unprecedented level of applications we are currently receiving, if we have not contacted you within 48 hours of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations; when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.