Fabulous opportunity to join a successful company based in Uxbridge who are currently recruiting for a Fleet Controller.
Salary £25,000 - £35,000
The main purpose of the role is to manage the fleet and logistics function of the business ensuring the team stay motivated and work efficiently to deliver all aspects of the fleet and logistics performance.
Key duties include:
• Purchase and disposal of fleet in line with business needs
• Working with the team to ensure optimum utilisation of fleet
• Cost authorisation and control of all relevant work in line with budget
• Control of end-of life fleet
• Oversee high risk deliveries
• Ensure delivery and collection processes followed
• Overall management of our recovery truck fleet
• Arranging the efficient delivery and collection of all hire vehicles, and salvage vehicles
• To monitor the team’s performance using MI, KPIs, QA and observation
• Identify training and development areas both across the team and individually
• Carry out team appraisals
• Set appropriate targets for the team to monitor and drive performance
• Own and drive the implementation of any process changes as required
• Respond promptly to business needs
• Negotiating with current and future suppliers to ensure best terms
• Assist in team queries and escalations including customer dissatisfaction and complaints
· Strong IT skills and a good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook
· Can focus the team effectively during busy periods
· Have the ability to make fast, informed decisions
· Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and able to communicate at all levels
· Strong motivational skills
· Strong negotiation skills
A working knowledge of the motor trade / vehicle hire industry with experience in dealing with suppliers and customers, both internal and external.
A track record of team leadership, people management and performance development.
Commercially aware and able to identify efficiency and cost saving opportunities without compromising quality.
Confident and self-motivated with a calm and measured approach
Not afraid to get hands on when needed and support the team.
If you have the right experience and are interested in applying for this role then please email me your CV today!
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.