We have a one off opportunity to join a leading school based in Bucks and they are looking for a PA and Registrar.
This is supporting the Headmaster and Senior team as well as managing a small team which includes 2 Front of House Administrators and a Marketing Manager.
As the Registrar you will also be a representative of the school and will be responsible for managing the admission enquiries and process:
PA support to Headmaster and Senior team;
- Ambassador for the Headmaster and the school in all matters
- Handle all written correspondence and admin support
- Diary management
- Acting as "gatekeeper" for the Headmaster in relation to contacts with parents, staff, professional groups and associations
- Co-ordination of hospitality and events
- Primary contact for admission enquiries, advising parents on Admissions Policy and likelihood of places
- Record and manage all enquiries, expressions of interest and waiting lists
- Arranging parental visits, welcoming visitors, arranging and conducting tours
- Manage the complete admissions process from initial contact to pupil entry
- Communicate appropriately with parents to inform them of offers and declined places
- Maintain up-to-date accurate record of where places are available
- Report on admissions status to Headmaster; share all registrations data with relevant colleagues at regular intervals
- Ensure information on admissions, registration fees, deposits and leaver notices are communicated in a timely manner to Bursary
- Support admissions and marketing events as required: Open mornings, Taster Days, Inductions, Recruitment Fairs and Exhibitions. Manage the invitations and administration of these events.
- Attend evening social functions, assisting the Headmaster in hosting guests and visitors
- Set up and maintain accurate student records, manual and digital in compliance with current regulations and Data Protection requirements
- Request files from previous schools, references and reports; forward required pupil information, including safeguarding files to future schools. Work closely with the Deputy Head Pastoral for all transfers of safeguarding information.
Oversight of Marketing function;
- Line management of the Marketing Manager, working closely to ensure the school is dynamically and appropriately marketed
Front Office Management;
- Supervision and day-to-day management of School Secretary and School Administrator
- Agree and manage work rotas and cover
- Absence management and reporting, conduct “return to work” meetings as necessary
- Performance Management – ensure all job descriptions are up-to-date, conduct annual performance appraisal meetings and report outcomes to Headmaster and Bursar
- Development and maintenance of office systems and procedures, ensuring statutory compliance and good practice requirements are delivered
This role is ideally suited to an experienced PA who is highly organised and can demonstrated they have had line management/management responsibilities previously.
You will need excellent communication skills with the ability to work with a broad base of stakeholders. Strong diplomacy skills and confidence. We are looking for someone who has experience of implementing processes and streamlining procedures.
In return you will be working within a fantastic environment alongside a great Headmaster who is well-respected and liked through the school and beyond. The benefits