£22k – £25k DOE
Great Benefits Package!
Our client, a fantastic growing company based in Uxbridge, are looking for a Buying Assistant to join their busy team. If you are looking for a long-term career in Procurement then look no further!
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this person will manage all aspects of purchasing, ranging from sourcing and acquiring new suppliers, to facilitating the purchasing process, to ensuring all products are available and all projects are on track to be completed in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To manage the sourcing of suppliers, products, services and data
• Ensure that the company are serviced by the most relevant suppliers by carrying out relevant research and analysis of current potential suppliers
• Manage all purchasing activity across a range of products and supplies
• Administration of tenders and coordinating the assessment of tenders
• Monitor supplier efficiency to achieve best possible delivery performance
• Use strong negotiation skills to minimize costs to the company
• Maintain availability of products at all times to ensure stock levels are kept up to date
• Understand business requirements and propose any potential changes that you believe couple be made to improve the process
• Create and maintain reports and feedback findings to manager
• Proactive management of key suppliers
• Set up of monthly review meetings to gain feedback on supplier performances
• Plan workload to ensure all order requests are processed within a timely manner
• General ad hoc duties that may be required, including monitoring the team email account, responding to queries, update procurement documents, set up new suppliers, manage databases
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Aspiration to develop a career within Procurement
• Some procurement knowledge is a bonus
• Strong organisation and communication skills, verbal and written
• Willing to study towards CIPS qualification
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft packages
• Strong customer focus and ability to engage with stakeholders
• Great understanding of systems and able to manipulate data
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice.